Thursday, December 11, 2008

Happy Birthday to me!

Ok so, my birthday was Dec. 1st but I haven't posted about it yet, so I thought I would. It was a fabulous day, a fabulous week actually. Probably the best birthday that I have had in a while. On Monday we hadn't planned on really celebrating, (we were going to wait til the weekend) but Travis stopped at the store and got something to make for dinner and some "presents" for me. We had decided that I wasn't going to get anything for my birthday this year, because money is tight and I really wanted to go out to dinner instead. Anyway, Travis cooked dinner while I relaxed. He also helped the boys make some wrapping paper and wrap my presents. I was in the other room and after the presents were wrapped Jonah and Simon kept bringing them down and showing them to me and saying, "This is not a present, it is just something we worked on." and "We cannot tell you what is in here, but it is good!". It was pretty fun to see them so excited.
We had dinner, complete with fancy glasses and sparkling cider, and then the boys each gave me a gift. The first was a package of chocolate licorice. The next two were Hot Tamalies and Jr. Mints. Then Travis pulled out a Red Box movie for us to watch. It was Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants 2. I have been wanting to see that, so I was very excited. It was nice to know that even though we wern't planning to do anything special that night, that Travis still thought about me and wanted to make it special for me anyway. He did a great job!
The rest of the week was fun. We went to the Desert Star Playhouse for Travis work party on Thursday. That was alot of fun! Then on Saturday, I went to lunch with my girl friends. We went to the Olive Garden as usual and then did some Christmas. This is a Tradition that we do every December for two of our birthdays. I very much look forward to it! Travis meet me in Lehi and then he took me to the Cheesecake Factory for dinner. We meet some friends there and it was alot of fun. After that Travis took me to Sears. He had a gift card there that he got as a gift and decided to get me a present after all. A new pair of very much need pants!
On Sunday I got spoiled all over again. We had a family party for me and I got many of the things that were on my birthday list from my wonderful family. I also got my favorite birthday cake. Peppermint hot fudge sunday cake! Fabulous!

4 comments:

Miracle said...

Happy late birthday!! What a wonderful week for you! From everything Travis has told me about you... you TOTALLY deserve it!

rebecca @ older and wisor said...

How was the movie? I know it's only a dollar to rent it, but I hate to get all excited and then have a movie suck.

Chelsea said...

I really liked the movie! Definitely worth at least a buck!

kstrack said...

One of my favorite Christmas traditions! I hope we can do it FOREVER!

How is your skin doing? can you see any difference! I don't know why I get so excited about that stuff but I love it!